Saturday, December 24, 2011

Last Day of Finals


At last, after a week of cleaning, taking exams, and selling cookies today is the last day of classes before the winter break. You can tell people were happy to get on break, but sad because we won’t be cooking in the kitchens for a month, so it is a bitter sweet feeling. Before we could go on break we had two more finals to go. In my potatoes/vegetable class our final was we had to create an agenda for people to clean up in the kitchen, create a plan to make it easier for new students to understand the concepts of classrooms, and basic knowledge of the kitchen. As a group we came up with some great ideas, so hopefully these ideas can benefit others in the near future. Since we finished a little early my friend Chelssie and I figured it would be a good idea to go around and sell our cookies for our fundraiser. So we went around sold cookies while playing Yahtzee on a cart. It was a great combo and people really liked the cookies. They sold fast. By the time we finished selling cookies we only had four trays of cookies left, and we started with thirty trays.
In my afternoon salads class the only thing we had left to do was clean up the rest of the kitchen since we did our final test out on Tuesday. This process didn’t take long because we have been cleaning all week. Basically we had to polish the stainless steel appliances and make sure everything was tidied up for break. Once we finished we started to pack up our bags and cheered for winter break. Finally we all get to enjoy our holiday, but we made sure we will all keep in contact over break to have some fun hanging out.

Later in the night I had my second dj debut at Slim & Chubby’s Bar located downtown Fond du Lac, on Main Street. I was excited because I love music, dancing, having a great time with friends and meeting new people. The start of the night started a little slow and I was getting worry because I didn’t want to end early. As time went on people slowly started to come in, then I got some pop music going, then the next thing you know around 11:30 p.m. there were a crowd of people who hit up the dance floor and danced the night away. This made me happy to see people having a great time, and I was able to DJ until the bar closed. Overall this day and night was really fun, can’t complain at all!. Like always I’ll catch you on the next voyage!
Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment