Thursday, December 15, 2011

8 hours of classes!




On Tuesday, December 6, in my potatoes and vegetables class we made some good food of course. We made a vegetarian stir-fry made with broccoli, carrots, red cabbage, red peppers, and sesame seeds served on jasmine rice. It was really tasty! The pictures above show all the delicious foods we made. We also made scalloped potatoes topped with a garnish. In this class I learned so much about the different cooking methods of cooking potatoes and the side dishes you can create using simple ingredients. In my afternoon salads class we had another mini competition within our class to see who can create the most creative composed salad. A composed salad is anything you want in a salad which is arranged on a small plate. It seems simple but you have to show your art side and make everything on the plate edible. At the end I didn’t win but I did get some useful ideas from my fellow classmate; the best part of going to school is learning new things and learning our skills. I didn’t have much to say today but my pictures will explain all the fun things we did today! I hope you enjoy them!

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment