Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wacky Wednesday



On October 26, students and staff were encouraged to dress up in their costumes. There were various costumes of pirates, jersey players, and much more. This time of the year people can be creative and be anybody who they want to be. I think thus far my favorite day of the week is Wednesday because I start my day with my baking class. Although I’m not a big fan of baking, I am able to challenge myself to learn new techniques. For class, my partner and I made a chocolate Chiffon cake and cupcakes with butter cream frosting. I must say, my previous experiences baking a cake at home were never good, so I was hesitant of how our cake would turn out. We gathered our ingredients and baked the chocolate chiffon cake, during this process the cake smelled wonderful in the oven. Once the cake cooled down, we added on the butter cream frosting. We even designed our own Halloween themed toppings made with nuts and chocolate. Our cakes and cupcakes came out better than I expected, and they tasted wonderful! I have some pictures below to show our cakes and cupcakes. Overall, baking class was a successful start of the day.
In my afternoon class for Hot Sandwiches our theme was fun day, so basically we had to carve pumpkins and make recipes that included pumpkins. What more can you ask for — a class that allows us to be creative and do things we want to do and most important have fun! I decided to design a chef pumpkin with some lettering on the side. I also made pumpkin seeds made with Cajun seasoning because I love things made with a little kick to them. As the hours passed, I finally finished my pumpkin carving and it turned out really well. As a whole our class did a great job on their carving and recipes as well. People made cheesecake, soups, pies and much more made out of pumpkins. Culinary Arts is the place to be for anyone who loves food because it allows you to be creative and gain ideas from others. Well that’s all for now, I’ll see you next time for my weekend wrap up.

Grazie,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment