Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Turkey Break Part 1

The one thing I love about turkey break is the extended weekend we have, and time off from the school. On Monday, November 21, my day started off with me going to my Food Principle class. We learned the definition of Hospitality and how it affects us in the culinary world. Hospitality is basically a family tree that extends into various branches of job titles and careers. That’s why I feel the food industry will be around for a long period because people always need to eat no matter how bad the economy is. After class I got ready for my work shift at Qdoba. The hours I worked went pretty smooth and steady for a Monday afternoon. Then I headed to Solid Grounds Coffee shop on Johnson Street across from Pizza Hut. I got a white chocolate latte with a hint of vanilla; it was so good I recommend anyone who is looking for a small friendly coffee shop go to Solid Grounds.
Later in the evening a group of my friends went to the Fond du Lac Theatre to see the new film Breaking Dawn, which is part of the Twilight Saga series. This film had a lot of expectations especially for the fans who read every book. Although this film is part one of the final chapter of the Saga, there was still a huge turnout of people. Luckily I got my favorite spot to sit in the theatre which is center and top row of the stadium seating. Compared to the previous films, I felt this film had more humor and an interesting plot line. I will not ruin the film for you, so what I saw is minimal; all I have to say is that I am looking forward to seeing how part two will end. To catch a glimpse of Breaking Dawn check out this YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQNLfo-SOR4. I can tell already this is going to be a fun turkey break, until then see you later!
Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment