Saturday, November 26, 2011

Good o Thursday

Today became another long day especially since I was looking forward for the weekend; the day seemed to go by slowly. In my vegetable and potatoes class we made chicken with rice and snow peas, baked apples, and fried vegetables from carrots to tomatoes. These meals turned out pretty good, but I really prefer to cook with meats although vegetables complement each meals. In my salad class we made German potato salad, an Asian salad, and deviled eggs. All of these dishes are perfect for any occasions, and of course even better when you make it from scratch. These recipes can easily be done within 30 minutes, if you need any tips let me know and I will help you through.

Later in the night I got ready for my scholarship dinner held at Moraine Park Technical College in Fond du Lac. The Moraine Park Foundation dinner was dedicated to the students who applied and won scholarships awards ranging from various donors. The scholarship I won was the MPTC Foundation Donor award. This was the first time in awhile where I attended an event that I didn’t have to help or serve for, I actually had the opportunity to relax and enjoy the evening. The night kicked off with all the scholarships recipients meeting in different rooms to meet their donors and meet other students who attend MPTC. This Foundation dinner was really good; so many great options were offered. We all had a good time talking to each other, meeting new people, and best of all eating. This scholarship is offered to everyone. You can click here http://www.morainepark.edu/financial-aid/scholarships/ , to find out more information about the Foundation Scholarships. Well that’s all for now, but on my next blog I will be writing about my Turkey Break! Check you later!

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment