Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Last Hoorah for October


Can you believe October is done? This month has been productive, busy and fun but now it’s time to get ready for a new month ahead. Just because October is done does not mean the last day would be boring, instead, I enjoyed the last day. While people are wrapping up celebrating Halloween getting their last trick or treating in, I started my day with a mini field trip for my Food Principles class. We went to Ollie’s Olive Oil Bar located on Johnson Street next to the Piggly Wiggly store in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. Owner Julie Regan opened her business a month ago and she is determined her business will flourish for the months ahead. Some may ask if there are a lot of flavors of olives oils and balsamic vinegars. The answer is yes; in this store you can find flavors ranging from herbs to fruit flavors even espresso chocolate types.
As a class we tried all these great robust flavors and the samples were endless. Owner Julie gave us a quick lesson about her products and where they are from. She included these products are the freshest you can get from around the world and they are freshly poured when customers come to purchase their bottles. I was so impressed I decided to buy a bottle to use for my recipes at school and other students were on the same page as me. I recommend people to come to this store and try these product if they never have before, because I guarantee you will come back to buy more. For more information you can email Julie at Julie@OlliesOliveOilBar.com or check out the website at www.OlliesOliveOilBar.com. Well until next time, I’ll catch you on the next voyage.

Ahoy,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment