Friday, October 28, 2011

Sunday Fun!

October 23 was another day of football Sunday and yet again the weather was pleasant. The day started off with me going to a breakfast restaurant called Oasis located on Main Street in Fond du Lac. This family restaurant has been around for awhile and the crowd shows how good and friendly the place is. The workers constantly filled coffee cups and water, and they made sure we had all the things we needed. I decided to get a sirloin steak with American potatoes and sunny side eggs along with wheat toast. I recommend this meal for anyone looking for a hearty meal and to start the day off on a good foot. After breakfast I decided to go for a walk by the lighthouse to burn off the food I just finished and enjoy the fresh morning breeze. Then I figured I would do some homework before all the football games started up for the day. It didn’t take me long to finish my assignment for the week ahead, and by then, the Chicago Bears game was starting. This was a special game because Da Bears were playing in London, England against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. This is the fifth year the NFL picked teams to play overseas to bring more awareness of American football. From the start of the game to the very end Da Bears played a good game, although at the end they almost lost but the defense picked up to save the game to win. I jumped in joy; this put me in a good mood for the rest of the day.

Later in the day I started my first indoor soccer game at the Oshkosh YMCA. I was looking forward to playing because I haven’t worked out or played soccer since the beginning of August. I played with some of my housemates and friends; the name of our team is the Rockies. We have a solid team because we previously played with each other and we are pretty skilled as well. As the game started we took the early lead, then the other team tied us. We once again pushed ahead to score two more goals, by half we were ahead three to one. We felt pretty good about our lead going into the second half. Once the second half started the opposing team scored with some unfortunate goals, but we redeemed ourselves to score two more goals to win the game. The final score was eight to six; this was a good start to the season. These games are played every Sunday afternoon at the YMCA, if you are interested in playing on a coed soccer team there is always a league starting for people of all skill levels. Well, that pretty much wraps up my Sunday Fun, stay tuned for my adventure next week.

Ciao,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment