Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fondue Fest 2012

Recently I had the opportunity to participate in my second Culinary Arts fundraising event at Fondue Fest. Being part of the Culinary Arts Club we sold fondue to help fund our educational trips to the Chicago Food Show and the German exchange program. This event was a lot of fun because I was able to work with friends and fellow classmates outside of class. This event allowed me gain more experience in the food industry, and talk to community members about Moraine Park and our culinary field. Although I had to wake up early, every moment was well worth the effort and time. During the day I was able to take a break to check out Fondue Fest and see what the other businesses were doing to promote their business. I saw a lot of familiar faces, and people were enjoying the beautiful weather. After my break I got back to work to sell the remainder of the fondue. We did well selling all of our food, but since our line was constantly busy we did run out of bread. People kept buying the fondue because it was so delicious. Overall we all put in over 10 hours of volunteer work to have this event become successful. I believe we raised over $4,000 and majority of the money will go into our fundraiser account. I am looking forward to pass on the torch to the new members next year, and show how the production line works at Fondue Fest. Hopefully next year you will check out the fun activities at Fondue Fest, and make sure you buy some fondue, otherwise you are missing out. See you next time in my next blog! Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment