Sunday, January 29, 2012

DJ Thursday

January 19 was the day I gave my friend Tyler a tour of Fond du Lac. We started the day off by going to Qdoba because he’s never been there, and I figured Qdoba is a great way to start the day off with a fresh burrito. Once we finished our food we headed across the street to Forest Mall. We talked about how small the mall is compared to the malls located in Chicago, but it was soothing to go somewhere that was not loud and crowded. We looked at different stores to see if there were anything good on sale, but we didn’t find anything worthy to purchase. At this moment we felt this was a great opportunity to spread the news about our DJ debut at Slim and Chubby’s to our friends. This promoting came in handy to draw attention, and hopefully bring in a good crowd. Afterwards I showed Tyler MPTC’s campus, and gave him a glimpse of the typical day of the things I do at school. He was impressed how the campus is all connected; which is very beneficial during cold weather months. I also introduced him to some instructors and staff around campus, and showed him people here are friendly and very helpful. Once we left campus I told him if you come to Fond du Lac then you must see the lighthouse on Lake Winnebago. As we approached the lighthouse he was impressed because he never saw a frozen lake before, and seeing people walking across the ice blew his mind. I guess since I was used to seeing the lake frozen I took it for granted, but I laughed and said welcome to Wisconsin. If you’ve never been to Lakeside Park you are missing out; the best time to see a beautiful scene is at dawn. Shortly afterwards we headed back home to get the night started. We listened to some music to get an idea for our playlist for the night, and then at ten o’clock it was time for us to DJ the night away. It was a slow start but then people kept coming in and danced the night away. I was learning some new techniques from Tyler since he has been doing this gig for two years, and the crowd loved the music selection. I could tell everyone was having a good time, even when it was time to close people didn’t want to leave, but they had to go home. Afterwards the bartenders and the owners said we did a great job on the stage. I hope next week I can utilize the things I learned and improve my DJ skills. Well after another epic day, that is all for now. On my next blog I’ll be writing about first day of classes! Ciao

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment