Thursday, October 13, 2011

Great Weather equals Great Weekend




My weekend turned out better than I expected especially with the great weather. My eventful weekend started on Saturday, October 8, with my two friends wedding (Brett Voskuil and Elaina Dixon) in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Things kicked off at Calvary Orthodox Presbyterian Church in Cedar Grove, Wisconsin. This was my first wedding I attended when I knew both the groom and bride. The ceremony was beautiful and went smoothly, then follow the reception and dinner at the Range Line Inn in Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin. After dinner we began to start to have fun once the music and dancing started. The Dj service offered a photo booth which allowed people to take pictures with various props as a memory book for the bride and groom. Everyone was having a blast taking pictures, laughing, dancing, and enjoying the wonderful evening. Nights like these I wish would last forever, but that is why we have to live each moment to the fullest.
The next day on Sunday, October 9, I attended a scholarship dinner at the Heidel House in Green Lake, Wisconsin, hosted by the Wisconsin Restaurant Association. Wisconsin Restaurant Association is an organization which helps to ensure the future success of the food service industry through education, scholarship and community involvement. The evening started with a cocktail reception and silent auction followed by an elegant dinner and ceremony. Throughout the night I was able to meet and network with various people who owned businesses and restaurants from all throughout the state and country. I also met students from other schools who are pursuing similar goals as I. Special guest Carlton Curtis, chairman of the Board of Trustees for the NRA Educational Foundation and Vice President of industry Affairs for the Food service and Hospitality Division of Coca-Cola North America spoke in front of us for night. He kept us entertained with his southern accent and gave us updates of the Brewers game, along with his experiences in the industry. After we finished our dinner the award ceremony started, each person came up to introduce themselves and told what their future goals were. Haley Gammon and I were the two people who won a scholarship from Moraine Park Technical College. Haley was awarded the Chef Bill Dougherty Scholarship, and I was awarded the Aderis DeRosa scholarship. I was fortunate to meet the people who awarded me and the person who sponsored me for my scholarship. They are great people with beyond potentials. Overall this was a successful night which made a great ending for the weekend. Like always catch you soon!

Hasta luego,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment