Friday, September 30, 2011

Sailing Through!

So I must apologize on my delayed blogs. This has been a very busy week thus far, but I am having a lot of fun with my German friends. On Monday September, 26 the German students were in full stride of classes and learning the everyday life in America. For my morning class I have food principles, we went over flavor profiles. We learned about food we eat comes from and what ingredients are in them. Breaking down the ingredients allow us understand the true flavors of each products.

Later in the day after I was finish with work I meet up with the group at the school to watch The Lion King 3D at the Fond du Lac Theatre. I was really excited to see this film as well as other because this classic Disney film bought back childhood memories. We all laugh, sang and some cried throughout the film, I realize even all these years I still love the Lion King. After the film we went home and relaxed after a long day.

On Tuesday September 27, my day started with class of Meat, Fish, and Poultry. On the agenda we had to use different cooking methods of a turkey. These included deep fried turkey to rubbed turkey in the oven. Each turkey came out with really well. Each piece of meat full of flavor and juicy defiantly is great with a sandwich. Once the turkeys were done we learned how to properly cut a salmon. Although a difficult process learning this technique was interesting to learn the cuts of a fish. Knowing how to properly cut a fish can save people a lot of money, and freshness is a key factor. I must say class was a productive day, this why I love being in culinary school.

At night we had a group of twenty people go to bowling at Ledge view lane. They had a special for eight dollars we were able to bowl for two hours. As we began to bowl the lights were turned off for glow bowl. The scene was so cool looking, and a bit of challenge because of the dim lights. We all were dancing, singing and knocking down pins. The atmosphere was beyond fun; seeing people having fun made the event a better day. One thing that made my night was teaching my German friend Christian how to put a curve on a bowling bowl. After a couple of tries he was getting good, he even beat my score after showing him how to curve. Christian stated he wants to go again and challenge me, so I accept his offer and we shall see what happens next. This shows how little things in life can make a difference in someone life.

Until next time ciao!

Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment